Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > It Did Work This Afternoon

Date: 03/08/09 19:47
It Did Work This Afternoon
Author: mojaveflyer

A week ago I attempted to get some shots of the Ski Train returning to Denver but he was running a little late and it didn't work very well (see http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1885606). Tonight I thought with the time change it might work so I headed west from home to see what the curve at the Blue Mountain crossing looked like. Normally, I'm not real fond of shooting back lighted trains but I thought there was enough light, and with a light colored train, it might work. As I drove by Leyden, I heard a westbound head in to the siding at Rocky but had no idea what train it was. I waited about 15 minutes for the Ski Train to appear and then the 'train' left Rocky siding, coming west. It was a light power move wtih 9 units, probably heading west to the P-Burg Branch for a coal train. I shot from below the level of the right of way as he came by me and then got a going away shot.

Photo #1- The Ski Train passes Blue Mountain Road crossing.

Photo #2- The westbound power move with an almost full moon above it on the curve east of Blue Mountain Road. For those interested (or affected by it) the full moon is Wednesday, the 11th.

Photo #3- For those who doubt UP doesn't wash their locos on occasion, I present this shot of UP 6013 with the sun shining off of the side of the unit. Not brand new but looking much better than I've seen elsewhere... For the 'nay sayers' UP does wash their units!

Thanks for looking!

Date: 03/08/09 20:21
Re: It Did Work This Afternoon
Author: theirishlion

Wow UP 6013 sure gets around. I have a picture of that unit that I took on Thursday 03/05 here in St. Louis MO

Date: 03/08/09 22:04
Author: NH2006

Hey, ya did a good job editing my dumb rear-end out!

Date: 03/08/09 22:27
Author: mojaveflyer

I saw a couple of folks at the crossing or up hill from the road. When the train came by, it did a pretty good job of covering you so it wasn't an issue! It sure was nice up there, though...

NH2006 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, ya did a good job editing my dumb rear-end
> out!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0421 seconds