Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > An ERIE kind of day - almost

Date: 05/17/09 14:42
An ERIE kind of day - almost
Author: rrartist

No its not quite Halloween, but the Pumpkins are sure out! DME #6071 leads train #170 as it rumbles through the small river town of Lansing Iowa. This will be the only EMD led train today. As I headed back up the river, I heard the BNSF detector go off behind me so I knew I had a west bound coming. I waited at Genoa for the BNSF #7484, train Z-CHCSSE. It appeared by the length of the train and number of units, they combined the Z-CHCPTL and the Z-CHCSSE this morning. After the train passed I continued my way north. The west bound o.k.'d an east bound so I pulled over by Nickelotti Curve to photograph the Z-PTLCHC, BNSF #7266.

Date: 05/17/09 14:48
Re: An ERIE kind of day - almost
Author: rrartist

While I was doing a yard check the Z-SSECHC called in by Lytles, so I set up at CP Sullivan for the BNSF #7595 east. Once he cleared I heard on the scanner that CP train #283 was done with their work in La Crescent and was ready to go. I set up in Dresbach MN for the CP #8771. The last train I shot was the M-LAWGAL, BNSF #5313, a dirty pumpkin up front.

Date: 05/17/09 14:56
Author: theironhorse

I was wonderng where you were. We must have passed by each other. Great stuff, as always!

The Iron Horse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/09 14:58 by theironhorse.

Date: 05/18/09 08:06
Author: trainmaster3

Pic 4 shows an intermediate signal(approach)on what appears to be the exit point of an interlocking. Is this a standard configuration on parts of the BNSF?

Date: 05/18/09 20:21
Author: theironhorse

trainmaster3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pic 4 shows an intermediate signal(approach)on
> what appears to be the exit point of an
> interlocking. Is this a standard configuration on
> parts of the BNSF?

That signal is the entrance to ABS. The interlocking at Sullivan (and through LaCrosse to Graf) is CTC. The reason that it is yellow is that a train had just departed Lacrosse and is still in the block. As far as standard, no, I wouldn't say so. It's the only one on the division that I know of. I haven't seen any in the Nebraska or Colorado regions either.

The Iron Horse

Date: 05/20/09 08:38
Author: trainmaster3

Thanks, rrartist pm'd me more or less with the same info, explaining the convergance of yard leads to main tracks at this location. Of course with just the pic itself for reference it appears to be just a standard main line interlocking(with a not so standard signal set up)in the middle of a rural area, which is why I was thrown for a little loop. Thanks to both you guys for the "facts".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0447 seconds