Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Eugene News

Date: 12/12/02 15:50
Eugene News
Author: aGNfan

First...sorry if this is a repost I didn't see anyone elses post about it. On with the story....

UP decided to try to park cars all over the ice dock switch yesterday. It looks as though a train kicking cars on the north end of the yard split a switch and laid them out all over the place. Although it did not block the main it did damge the "Ice Dock" track (a car dug into the rail) this track is the main connection from the departure yard to the main nad made it very dificult for trains in the departure yard to get out. The cars were 2 Herzog Gondolas and 2 Chip cars there was a boxcar at the north end that also had its trucks on the ground but looked ok.Whne i got there they were getting to Cranes toget the mess cleaned up...i went back about 4 hours later and they had got one car up righted and another cleared away.

In other News
The Beloved "Snow Flake" which is a daylight painted maintence of way car the usually stays in Oakridge has been in Eugene getting a door fixed. The work was complted and yesterday it was heading back to oakridge behind the UP 580 and UP 590...one is still in SP paint but is patched.

Sorry this is kind of long...

"Moutian Goat" Greg

Date: 12/12/02 17:02
Re: Eugene News
Author: markgillings

>>>The Beloved "Snow Flake" which is a daylight painted maintence of way car the usually stays in Oakridge has been in Eugene getting a door fixed.<<<

Getting a door fixed? Who the heck is still around to do that kind of work? I guess they'd have to hang on to at least one carman.

How is the demolition of the sanding towers progressing?

Date: 12/12/02 21:23
Author: Yardmaster

Date: 12/12/02 22:05
Author: roustabout

I hope they are going to fix the torn up tracks in a timely fashion. With several tracks already taken out of service or pulled (64 & 51 out of service and 60 gone-but-not-forgotten), it's getting hqrder and harder to work there.

Anyone know how long UP is expected to have the work window for the bridge work near Junction City?

Roustabout out

Date: 12/13/02 11:50
Author: aGNfan

There was a peice of equipment lurking around the sanding towers a couple days ago but it seemed to have wandered over to digging up the hump. There are some interesting signs around the towers that I ma surprised no one has "liberated." Not saying that anyone should just that nobody has.

"Moutain Goat" Greg

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds