Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ah Yes..... SD75Ms; Something To Look Forward To

Date: 08/18/09 19:45
Ah Yes..... SD75Ms; Something To Look Forward To
Author: FrontRangeTrains

Once upon a time, before GEVOs and ACes roamed the land, the very so pleasant EMD SD75M always made an appearance over the BNSF system. When the GEVOs and ACes invaded, they went bye bye to storage. But the GEVOs suffered Turbo Charger Problems, and boom, that was the end of that, for now. Now, it's the SD75Ms the rescue. Once again, the SD75Ms make their appearance once again, and today, BNSF 8272 made an appearance leading the G-BNVGAT4-17A (Fertilizer Train from Bonneville, WY to Galveston, TX) into Longmont, Colorado.

Thanks for looking,

Keep'em Coming - John

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/09 19:45 by gevoman.

Date: 08/18/09 20:31
Re: Ah Yes..... SD75Ms; Something To Look Forward To
Author: qnyla

An interesting and unique photo.

Date: 08/18/09 21:33
Author: gjc

I like it!

Date: 08/18/09 23:28
Author: Coach

And those SD-75M's are much better looking, too.

Date: 08/19/09 01:52
Author: hiline

I Thought I might see one up here were I live on the Gateway sub again,but I havent in at least six months .Still all dash-9's .Even worse I havent been seeing hardly any Gevo's lately .Today four trains,every loco was in H2 except one gevo. I sorry GE fan's but I'm tired of GE's

Date: 08/19/09 09:39
Author: winstonhill

Are we getting misty-eyed and nostalgic about *SD75s* already? I'm getting too old too fast!

Winston Hill

Date: 08/19/09 20:45
Author: FrontRangeTrains

winstonhill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are we getting misty-eyed and nostalgic about
> *SD75s* already? I'm getting too old too fast!
>
> Winston Hill

I think we railfanners are getting to old too fast **sigh**. It seems like I was 13 years old yesterday. Oh yeah, those were the days.

Keep'em Coming - John

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 08/20/09 09:00
Author: gman1

talked to a buddy of mine on the power desk about these guys last week (they have always been one of my favorites as well) it seems that alas, these guys days are numbered. I have mentioned in earlier posts on this board the computer problems they were plagued with earlier in their careers, these have been cured. Now the problem is these guys predate tier 2 compliance, and they aren't very economical regarding fuel mileage, so that one two punch will eventually be the knockout blow for my favorite units since the SD-45's of the late 60's.

Date: 08/20/09 12:02
Author: ATSF90East

I wonder if the 8200's would be good candidates for the ECO repowering program @ EMD?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0525 seconds