Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Away From the Madding Crowd

Date: 10/10/09 07:27
Away From the Madding Crowd
Author: MacBeau

One of the great benefits to railroading in the middle of nowhere, in this case the Mojave Desert, is the delightfully misanthropic nature of the place. Other than the crew of the passing westbound, espee4ever and I pretty much had the hill east of Cadiz to ourselves that Sunday morning last month not long after sunrise. What we wanted however was an eastbound, and typical of the transcon, we soon got one. The Warbonnet EMD wasn’t near the surprise the trio of switchers were. I am temped to think these may have been on the PHL, but that is mere supposition at this juncture.
Be of good cheer,
—Mac

Date: 10/10/09 09:57
Re: Away From the Madding Crowd
Author: rehunn

Great shot with the switchers. Cadiz is an oddball place having a whole more buildings than
people and while I hate to screw up the neighborhood it would be nice if there was a min-mart
up next to the post office.

Date: 10/10/09 13:36
PHL Switchers
Author: jmw

The switchers in Mac's photo did come off the PHL.

Here are rosters of some of them, all SW1200's, taken in August 2009 at PHL's Wilmington, CA facility.

When these photos were taken the units were getting new couplers after being sold and readied for transport to their new owners.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/09 13:39 by jmw.

Date: 10/10/09 13:37
Re: PHL Switchers
Author: jmw

Here are the #36 and #38.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/09 18:03 by jmw.

Date: 10/10/09 14:07
Author: rehunn

Interesting trucks, export Flexicoils??

Date: 10/10/09 19:46
Author: HarborHog

jmw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here are the #36 and #38.
>
> #38 is an SW1500.

Nope, it is an SW1200 like the others.

HH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0509 seconds