Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A fine morning in October

Date: 10/18/09 14:18
A fine morning in October
Author: rrartist

It was a cold one last night around La Crosse, +25 was the low and frost was everywhere! The sun was getting ever so close to the eastern horizon but the trains weren't going to wait so I headed down along the Mississippi River to start my day. BNSF #8291 was leading the B-LAUWSP and I was hoping the sun would help illuminate it down in Victory WI. the train came about 30 minute too soon. With these SD75s being put back into storage I guess this photo was better than no photo! I moved up to Genoa for the next three. BNSF #4811 was on the point of today's Z-PTLCHC and he was MOVING! Next up was the G-CCECSX, an ethanol load bound for Chicago running behind the BNSF #5362.

Date: 10/18/09 14:25
Re: A fine morning in October
Author: rrartist

The last train the east bound fleet was the V-NTWCHC with an NS duo providing the motive power to Chicago. NS #9787 and the ex-Conrail NS #6757 had this train rolling thru Genoa! I moved up a tad closer to La Crosse for the BNSF #4565, the H-GFDBRC train and after lunch I captured the U-SEMBIR, BNSF #6111 as it departed south from La Crosse.

Date: 10/18/09 14:51
Author: theironhorse

Looking good.

The Iron Horse

Date: 10/18/09 15:52
Author: NH2006

Looks like the early snow ruined your fall colors too. Bummer for both of us!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0932 seconds