Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The BIG Show

Date: 01/04/10 22:34
The BIG Show
Author: 90mac

There is a certain UP hogger that always makes my day or night in this case, he always puts on a great show as he passes the Oak Ridge crossing between CP Saugus and CP Hood on Metrolinks Valley Subdivision.
Tonights episode sounded like the "Rock Train" as he usually works that train, he whistles freely and tonight the horn sounded like a Leslie S5T, but in reality it was probably a Nathan K5LLA,those horns ALL sound different, he then shoves the throttle to run 8 and away we go, what a spectacular display of raw power as he pulls uphill to the Newhall tunnel, poppin, pounding and squeeling through the "S" curve past Oak Ridge and past the 31.0 scanner/dragger.
Thank you Tom.

I don't know about you guys but I think I get more out of the sound of the train than the sight of the train, there is a lot left to the imagination.

90mac

Date: 01/04/10 23:46
Re: The BIG Show
Author: MRL

EMD's 645 20 cylider, at run 8. Pulling a hill. Thank you for the SD45 series......

Date: 01/05/10 05:50
Re: The BIG Show
Author: raytc1944

Sound has always been a big part of the train watching experience with me, too!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0281 seconds