Home Open Account Help 206 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Chicago-KC Question

Date: 02/02/10 03:35
UP Chicago-KC Question
Author: MILW86A

I've heard that some of the UP traffic via Ft. Madison(IA) has been rerouted up here on the CNW main.
Trackwork going on the Sunset Route again?
My understanding is that the Tucson Trains, El Paso train, Herington Train, and the Auto train out of Blue Island to LA are the only trains through Ft. Madison currently.
Corrections welocme.
MILW86A

Date: 02/02/10 08:36
Re: UP Chicago-KC Question
Author: UPTRAIN

I had heard that it was because of trackwork on the ex-Santa Fe, I know for a fact that there was some ongoing work on the Marceline Sub. last fall, but I'm open to correction, of course.

Pump

Date: 02/02/10 10:55
Author: chico

action was fast and furious on the west end of the Marceline sub on Sunday 1/31. There were parked (staged) trains at a couple locations I witnessed, guessing more to do w/crew availability. easier to park em outside of town than clog up the yards in KC..

did see one UP stacker westbound, assumed it came off that connection.

i'll post some photos on my next heartlandrails.com update this week.

chico
http://www.heartlandrails.com

Date: 02/02/10 12:26
Author: railrazor63

I'm a Chief Operator on Herzog detector truck 143 testing on the Marceline/Chillicothe subs from Congo to Coal City. Right now the only thing going on is some switch grinding and some undercutting. The gangs are suppose to start up in March with ties and more ribbon rail. The 3rd Main will be extended from Cement City to Eton, with a siding from Eton east 2 miles toward Sibley Bridge.

Date: 02/02/10 15:46
Author: UPTRAIN

Then I stand corrected, so the original question withstands--is there trackwork west of KC? I'd been wondering myself why these trains had been rerouted.

Pump

Date: 02/02/10 16:08

No major work west of KC on the BNSF, gangs are set to start up in the midwest in March.

Date: 02/02/10 16:19

OH, and as far as Ft Madison, I started testing Main 1 west out of Ft Madison this morning at 6:30. There is a new Ft Madison dispatcher and well, he's still learning the traffic,so maybe with me causing him problems and the bridge crew still working on the Mississippi bridge( repairs from the flood still going on ), they routed a few trains elsewhere. Just a thought.

Date: 02/03/10 20:43
Author: AaronJ

MILW86A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trackwork going on the Sunset Route again?

Yes, trackwork ongoing on the Sunset route across AZ.

Aaron

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds