Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The BNSF Officer Train & More Foxes

Date: 05/05/10 19:06
The BNSF Officer Train & More Foxes
Author: mojaveflyer

I saw the BNSF Officer Train departing Broomfield as I drove to North Boulder this morning for training before I went to work. When I got in to Boulder, I decided to try a shot from just south of Valmont Road in north Boulder. As I walked in from Valmont Road, I saw something out of the corner of my eye and realized I was being paced by a fox in the parking lot to my left. He circled south of me, looped around and came back north on the far side of the tracks. A few moments later I saw another fox walking around and then the 'kids' appeared from under a storage shed to me left. They played in the sun before I heard the Officer Special blowing his whistle for the Pearl Street crossing... All of the foxes disappeared as the train came around the corner. The train came by me and continued on north... A nice reminder we do have a lot of wildlife in the area and an opportunity to shoot a passenger train in Boulder.

Thanks for looking!

Date: 05/05/10 19:10
Re: The BNSF Officer Train & More Foxes
Author: Yarddogh

Neat ! . . Excellent photo of The Special. No mistaking where that was taken. BIG Mountains . .

Date: 05/05/10 19:14
Author: railtime

nice to see the wind was low.
cool pic n foxes.

Date: 05/05/10 19:37
Author: IC_2024

Beautiful shots of the foxes and a nice one of the train, too!

Date: 05/05/10 19:45
Author: Mgoldman

Cool photos - glad someone got it right;
You WATCH the wild life and SHOOT the trains.

/Mitch

Date: 05/05/10 20:47
Author: kg6nlw

Nice photos! I must ask...you call those things mountains?

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

Date: 05/05/10 20:59
Author: eatontm

Now I'm partial to Boulder but that's by far my fav view of the special. Perfect light, perfect background, and the relocated depot ads something as well. Nice job and yes I love Boulder!

t

Date: 05/05/10 21:00
Author: eatontm

and I love the flatirons too! heck I even love that curve in Boulder!!

t

Date: 05/05/10 21:56
Author: WestinAshahr

Thought this post was about FOXES! (Coming out to see two wild and crazzzzy guys!)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.055 seconds