Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Logs just passed Santa Barbara

Date: 02/15/03 15:41
Logs just passed Santa Barbara
Author: aprichard

Another log trained just rolled thru SB. Maybe they're passe by now, but if anyone cares, they're headed by UP 4434. they seem to be increasing in frequency, and I'm guessing that there are two different consists making these runs now. I haven't seen them deadheading back down the coast, they must be returning inland.

Date: 02/15/03 20:05
Re: Logs just passed Santa Barbara
Author: TopCat

Here is the info:

SBOWD-13 with UP 4434/9637/5048/9622
59 loads/00 mty arrived San Luis Obispo
19:56 hours and is scheduled to leave at
20:29 hours. So happy hunting.

Top Cat

Date: 02/16/03 20:14
Author: christo26

Yes, empties return via another route. The logs should be running for the next 6 months from what I'm told.
Mr. C.

Date: 02/17/03 08:29
Author: paneltechllc

I hope the log trains aren't getting passe for you veterans. I enjoy watching your posts and learning all the information you have. Your pictures have been absolutely incredible. Unfortunately I won't be joining any of you to watch as I am in the office 7 days a week making sure they don't go astray. Thanks for the help in watching.
Lynne B.

Date: 02/18/03 09:38
Author: minaret5

I was out camping at Jalama Beach this weekend and watched a N/B log train cross the Jalama Creek trestle on the Coast Line at about 5:30 pm. Quite a sight. What seemed unusual to us was that all the loads appeared scorched.

Where is the source of the logs, where are the loads originating and where are they destined?

Thanks very much.
F

Date: 02/18/03 09:59
Author: paneltechllc

These logs are from the Rodeo-Chedeski fire on Apache land. We have two yards in AZ one in Globe on the UP (which goes up the coast) and one Snowflake on the BNSF(which goes inland) and we are salvaging the burned timber from the fire and shipping it to two locations in CA. If you have any other questions post them or email me. Thanks.
Lynne B.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds