Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Cameras again?

Date: 02/19/03 15:06
Cameras again?
Author: JackWA7VNN

Just to help out anybody that ask about digital cameras (and it will come up again)here is a place to go and learn...
March/April 2003 issue of "PCPhoto" has a very good explanation about digital cameras, which models, Megabites, resolution etc. It is one of the better articles in a photo magazine I have seen in a long time...
A word about quality of posted images... Most are pretty good, but.... If you like to shoot trains, print or post the image... Get a paint program that will adjust the image, lighter, darker, adjust sharpnes or crop... One of the very best is "Paint Shop Pro" less than $100. very easy to use and does every thing that any of the other big name($500-800)programs do.
If you print images and want to sell them, the printer to get is Canons Dye Sublimation printer. Will make 8 x 10 prints with out any dots. the quality is unbeatable. It was on sale for less than $400. (Cost of materials for an 8X10, less than $2.)

That's all folks, this posting turned out to be longer than my first in 1997...

I am a retired Industrial Photographer, worked in the advertising department of Hyster Co. Did all there advertising photography and motion picture production for over 30 years...
Now have fun at home doing video editing on the computer... Sure wish I had that when I was editing film,hi... 73,
Jack...

Date: 02/19/03 16:00
Re: Cameras again?
Author: plainsman

Until someone like Wilhelm Imaging Research comes up with some archival estimates for dye sublimation, I would be wary of their longevity. Some ink jet products have tested to 100 years. As for dots, better quality jet printers are producing dots between 6 and 2 picoliters. For any normal viewing distance this would be inconsequential.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds