Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > where were you at 2am this morning

Date: 06/24/10 16:11
where were you at 2am this morning
Author: redneck4449

well Forrest LeCain and myself got a little crazy last night and headed towards Hinke yard in hopes of getting the 1989 theat went north from the gorge up to fife. we ran into 1989 just west of bigs after getting destracted watching a train head up the oregon trunk at night. daylight was not on our side as we got informed by a friend it was gona be in portland by 8 am.....it was running fast.

the first shot was taken just after the dalles as you can see we were working with verry little light.

the next shot is in wyeth where the 1989 slowed down and stoped for about 2 minutes before taking off.

after getting some poor shots in cascade locks we powered up to mulnomath falls

Date: 06/24/10 16:17
Re: where were you at 2am this morning

after multnomath falls we headed upt ot the corbett overpass

and the last 2 were taken in troutdale still with the lighting wrong for what we wanted

Date: 06/24/10 16:22
Author: kodachrome9319

Definitely the best photographs I've seen in a long time.

Date: 06/24/10 16:58
Author: alco636

At least you got to see it. How many UP Heritage locos have I seen here in MN? Zero. I always, always miss them...

Al Seever
Minneapolis, MN

Date: 06/24/10 18:28
Author: F40PHR231

kodachrome9319 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Definitely the best photographs I've seen in a
> long time.

Give them a break, they were out and having fun. Where are YOUR pictures of this run down the Gorge at that time of day?

Date: 06/24/10 18:48
Author: kodachrome9319

F40PHR231 Wrote:
> Give them a break, they were out and having fun.
> Where are YOUR pictures of this run down the Gorge
> at that time of day?

I was busy sleeping in and preparing to move back to California; more important things than shooting an OLS train.

Date: 06/24/10 19:34
Author: GoldenState

Dale,

Thank you for sharing the fruits of your sleepless morning. I do my best to go out and see any of the Heritage locomotives when they come through no matter what time or train they are on. A picture is best taken rather than not taken as your subject may be gone forever. Just out of College the SP was at its end, a place here in Fremont now called the golf course, was a place where SP WR50 used to hold trains. They would regularly yield 4-6 SD9s and were there for the pickings. Did I take photos? Not many, as I was too lazy. I kick myself whenever I think of all of the first generation diesels that would come through into the mid 90s. So don't be discouraged to go, take, and post your photos.

Maybe some day those few people on this board will learn to put away the keyboard instead of using it. They will in a few years praise you for going the extra mile to take those photos in the dark, early, cold, and badly lit locations.

With the 4th of July coming quick, I would like to thank you once again for your service to our country! Enjoy the long weekend.

Rob Ireland
Fremont, Ca

Date: 06/24/10 22:21

i appreate the support and yes we were pumping on caffene but to kodachrome. buddy shooting low light with a 300 dollar camera aint easy and its more about the thrill of the chase. and i did say bad light

Date: 06/25/10 01:28
Author: sacrailfan

I have a word to put in on this one. I think MR.9319 should just keep his mouth shut if he does not have anything nice to say about other rail fans photos. I also think he should be careful, or he might make more foes than friends on this and other rail fan sites. Happy 4Th to all out there!

Adam Pizante
Sacramento, CA

Date: 06/25/10 05:00
Author: espeeboy

sacrailfan Wrote:
> I have a word to put in on this one. I think
> MR.9319 should just keep his mouth shut if he does
> not have anything nice to say about other rail
> fans photos. I also think he should be careful,
> or he might make more foes than friends on this
> and other rail fan sites.

LOL!!! (as I duck from the warning shot)

Date: 06/25/10 08:40
Author: AlbinaRunThrough

I have an idea! How about we all just get along for once!

AJ *singing "Why can't we be Friends*

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.073 seconds