Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > OPR#602 Finally Left Canby Yesterday...

Date: 07/23/10 14:31
OPR#602 Finally Left Canby Yesterday...
Author: OPRMTO

After interchanging the consist Wednesday, the LIL 75 O/C switcher died once again. Our hopes got up Thursday morning when we caught wind of an extra crew to go on duty at Clackamas around 10:00 am. Their job--PULL CANBY AND GET TO ALBINA!! Well, waiting at Canby for two southbounds they got to go south to HITO. Air hose problems caused them to wait for both Amtraks around 3:30 pm.

I got off work early to catch them in Milwaukie. A little to early in fact because they had to clear at Coalca and then go into Clackamas to pick up. After an air test and finally contacting the Dispatcher, they headed north around 5:30 pm. I typically don't chase the UP, but I spent quite a bit of time running her on the Molalla-Canby turn, but we do need some upgraded power!!

Some of you may have seen these pics already in a past thread from EMDSW-1. I e-mailed them last night to Brian because I was having some issues. Anyhow, so long "Ole Girl", enjoy your rebuild.

Thanks for looking

Craig Samuels
Oregon Pacific

Date: 07/23/10 18:23
Re: OPR#602 Finally Left Canby Yesterday...
Author: CCT41

I hope you labeled it DO NOT HUMP! I can see the UP boys having a field day with this one in Hinkle come November..................

Date: 07/23/10 19:03
Author: OPRMTO

CCT41 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope you labeled it DO NOT HUMP! I can see the
> UP boys having a field day with this one in Hinkle
> come November..................

It better go BN before that happens!!

Date: 07/24/10 09:00
Author: EMDSW-1

Well...it arrived Hinkle this morning...scheduled out to arrive Spokane Monday. Waybill says "high value load; do not hump; shove to spot"...wonder if anyone in the operating department ever reads this stuff?!

At least it didn't go to Fife like the 803...BUT it hasn't left Hinkle yet and could end up in North Platte!

We solicit your prayers!!!

Dick Samuels

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds