Home Open Account Help 186 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > PS&P question

Date: 10/13/10 16:57
PS&P question
Author: hrxcjg

I was thinking about heading to Elma, WA to check out the PS&P next Wednesday and Thursday. Anyone know what their current schedule of operations is and are they using their FEC units?

Date: 10/13/10 18:33
Re: PS&P question
Author: up833

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,2253870,2254402#msg-2254402

The train from Elma to Shelton gets into town anytime after 10am and usually leaves by 1 pm. The day I got this shot they arrived about 1130 if I recall correctly. I had a hard time finding these units and have not heard how they are currently being used.
Roger Beckett

Date: 10/13/10 22:02
Re: PS&P question
Author: funnelfan

I was up there last Wednesday and the ex-NS and two FEC units arrived northbound in Shelton at 2pm, dropped a few cars at Shelton and then went up to Bayshore and put away three LPG tanks and many garbage containers on two tracks. They went light power back to Shelton and tied down on a track adjacent to the mainline, hopped in a van and left. I believe the two ex-CAL northern GP15's based at Shelton were going to be used the next morning to take the cars at Bayshore to their industries up closer to Bremerton. I haven't been able to nail down the operations on that line as they seem to keep changing it. I do know that Thursday is the day to catch the train coming south out of Shelton because that is the day when they haul the most lumber and garbage making for a monster train.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds