Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Warbonnet Wednesday...wonder why??

Date: 10/13/10 19:58
Warbonnet Wednesday...wonder why??
Author: atsf101

Ok, So I'm a little biased, but has anyone noticed why there are always "Warbonnet Wednesdays" and not "Trucking Company Tuesdays"? I'm sure there are young fans out there who are BNSF fans and not ATSF or even BN fans, cuz that's all you know, so no offense. Warbonnets just plain look better, especially in clean paint, not the faded pink or blotches that BNSF has allowed them to deteriorate to. Notice there are 5 other "WW"s posted today, not counting this one.
Seems like even Mr Buffet agrees.... see the interview with him in the current (Nov) issue of TRAINS.

Here's an image from Marceline, MO on May 2, 1995. First visit ever to the ATSF mainline. First run for SD75M # 209 on either the 199 or QNYLA.

Date: 10/13/10 20:31
Re: Warbonnet Wednesday...wonder why??
Author: Alexmarissa

Great picture. I too used to go to Marcelline in the mid '90s. Sadly, I quit going after the BNSF merger.

Date: 10/13/10 21:54
Author: MarcelineSub

atsf101,

The crossing is gone, and now there's an ugly fence from the overpass to the depot. The only thing that changes in Marceline is the railroad! I snapped this picture back in 2008 when I still lived in Marceline.

Date: 10/14/10 07:45
Author: atsf101

Fair enuf. Can't argue with photos! Yours is excellent, btw!

To Marceline: I haven't been there since 10/2008 either. It's my favorite place. I have video of an OCS deadheading westbound thru there @ 8am in 2006? Being led by a blue & yellow "snoot"! Quite rare to see b/y on the transcon any more.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds