Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Photographing Trains ON the Guardrail

Date: 10/26/10 13:43
Photographing Trains ON the Guardrail
Author: GrandeGold

You most likely have heard of a technique where railfans shoot photos from the guardrail. This popular style can be viewed as the ultimate in convenience or perhaps just laziness. How about shooting ON the guardrail? The ultimate in laziness AND equilibrium.

Pictured here, Uncle Pete's ZDVSC gets rather close to the photographer's vantage point along I-84 in Weber Canyon. Note the super elevated curve here making this boxy cabbed EMD appear a little bit speedy :-)

Thanks for looking,
James

Date: 10/26/10 13:44
Re: Photographing Trains ON the Guardrail
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice shot but I think I'd be worried about a semi going by and blowing me off of the guard rail...

Date: 10/26/10 14:26
Author: toledopatch

I've stood on top of guard rail posts to "get the shot" more often than I care to remember.

Date: 10/26/10 16:32
Author: skippy

That's kind of a dicey place to take a picture James. I'm been through there more times than I can count. Great pic though!!

Date: 10/26/10 16:41
Author: SD45X

Byers Canyon on the Moffat line, removes the laziness issue. Straght down, AND you get your feet wet. But it helps.

Date: 10/27/10 10:43
Author: cchan006

Love that shot, sometimes ends justify the means! I see a C6044AC or a C60AC, 3rd in consist on that Z. Got anymore Weber Canyon treasures?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0268 seconds