Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A GE with some different kind of flames!

Date: 04/12/03 18:29
A GE with some different kind of flames!
Author: CR4114

I thought that some people here might enjoy this unit, so here is the story behind it:
One day while I was in school talking with some of my friends, we decided that for our senior class day we should come up with a joke list of "official" things for our class, like official class car, official class dog, and other stupid stuff like that just to get a laugh. Well I started brainstorming and came up with an idea for an official class locomotive. Well the below paint scheme is the result of my thinking. It uses our class colors, red and silver, for the main part of the body, and the trucks, exhuast stack, handrails, and horn are all chrome (does it actually look like chrome?). It's not quite done yet, I still need to add some lettering, and paint the front view, but I don't think I'll do the other side, it took a about a month just to get this side painted! Even though my friends don't like trains, I think they'll like this one.

Kyle
(Hey NS, CSX, UP, or BNSF, could one of you guys actually paint up one of your locomotives like this? It would make a lot of people happy!)

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/12/03 20:53
Re: A GE with some different kind of flames!
Author: bnsfpix

" trucks, exhuast stack, handrails, and horn are all chrome "

Now that I would like to see on a real locomotive. I did see one with chrome handrails going up the steps...but they got painted over.(way to go BNSF)

Matthew
http://bnsfpix.com

Date: 04/13/03 00:02
Nah, it'd really look like this.
Author: funnelfan

Good ole' GE torch job. Remember the GE motto; "We bring good things to light" (like 1 million dollar locomotives).

Ted Curphey
funnelfan@icehouse.net

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/13/03 00:48
Re: Nah, it'd really look like this.
Author: kirklager

I saw UP 5927 (I think) last night @ the Amtrak Station in Omaha with small conductors side torch job. The upper part of the flag was toast.

Date: 04/13/03 14:09
Re: Nah, it'd really look like this.
Author: esinclair

Someone should customize one of these units with two giant pieces of toast sticking out of the top of the unit.

Date: 04/13/03 21:44
Re: A GE with some different kind of flames!
Author: bearease

But getting back to the subject...

Kyle,

That really is a cool paint scheme. It'd look pretty awesome on the rails! And way to go trying to turn your friends on to trains. I remember trying to explain my railfanning to my friends and most just didn't get it. Maybe you've found a good way to get them started!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds