Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Maersk Promo Engine - where now?

Date: 04/21/03 18:36
Maersk Promo Engine - where now?
Author: jdco9520

Sometime ago I saw a picture of an EMD(?) engine painted up in Maersk colors for some promotion. Anybody know what ever happened to this unit?

Date: 04/21/03 18:42
Re: Maersk Promo Engine - where now?
Author: bnsfpix

http://search.bnsfpix.com/profile.php?locoid=6976

Last I heard, it was being stored in Topeka, KS. The rest of that class were being scrapped there, but this one was set aside, or at least it was at that time. I am not sure what it's fate is as of right now, but I have not heard anything about it beig scrapped yet.

Matthew

Date: 04/21/03 19:02

I did some 'google' searching and discovered this engine also (see web site). Just how many engines have been painted in their scheme and who owns them when painted? http://www.angelfire.com/nj3/prrh2/misc/maersk.html

Date: 04/21/03 19:22

Sorry...I didn't post the question quite right. Who pays for the paint job...Maersk or the RR?

Date: 04/21/03 19:37
Author: bnsfpix

There has been three Maersk locos that I know of. The first was a GP60M owned by ATSF. (Not sure of the # right now) Then last year, NS and BNSF painted a pair of them. http://bnsfpix.com/extraboard/08_25_02/index.php (About half way down the page is the pair at LA harbor) These latest two were painted for Maersk's new port cantainer facility in LA harbor. I am assuming the railroad pays for the painting.

Date: 04/21/03 19:40
Author: toledopatch

As of last report the NS unit, SD40-2 No. 3329, is running on CN to pay back horsepower-hours NS owes. I do not know its current location on CN.

Date: 04/22/03 05:15
Author: newtonville150

Made at least one trip Toronto-Montreal and back recently. Didn't see it...bummer.

..John, Bowmanville, ONtoledopatch wrote:

> As of last report the NS unit, SD40-2 No. 3329, is running on
> CN to pay back horsepower-hours NS owes. I do not know its
> current location on CN.
>

Date: 04/22/03 06:09
Author: CNMark

NS 3329 arrived in Halifax on Good Friday on train Q 12031 17, and would have left either that evening on Q 12111 18 or in the wee hours of Saturday morning on Q 14911 19... If they put it on 121 it would have been back in Toronto on Sunday, if it's on 149, it should have arrived yesterday.

Mark

Date: 04/29/03 16:48
Author: bnsf1991

ATSF unit #146 was delivered in primer and painted in Maersk colors some time in July 1990 at ATSF Topeka Kansas shops for publicity shots pulling all Maersk Line intermodal in Cajun pASS on August 13, 1990. Some time after it was repainted into the ATSF Warbonnet scheme. As of today has not been repainted in H2 scheme but has BNSF on front cigar band and red BNSF on flanks. Still a Warbonnet in my book. VBG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds