Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Stored MAC's ??

Date: 02/08/11 18:35
BNSF Stored MAC's ??
Author: CCMF

How many SD70MAC's are stored right now ?

Are they available for lease ?

Date: 02/08/11 19:38
Re: BNSF Stored MAC's ??
Author: DKay

M-636 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> Are they available for lease ?

I think so,a good number went to Mexico ,including the V bonnet on lease.It is open to speculation if they will return home,
Regards,Daryl Kay.

Date: 02/08/11 20:02
Author: SCL1517

I wouldn't have figured any were stored if they're going back to the GEVO buffet for another helping, but I guess the SD70MAC's are in the autumn of their lives. Sniff...

Date: 02/08/11 20:14
Author: SD452XR

I believe they are all back on BNSF and running.

Date: 02/08/11 22:31
Author: bnsftrucker

I think most of those were returned and I have been seeing more of those here on the coal trains and with the increasing coal export, and the proposed additional trains, all will be put back on the coal trains.

Date: 02/09/11 05:30
Author: FrontRangeTrains

As many coal trains that go through Denver, I have heard a good number of BNSF SD70MACs lead coal trains. Not too long ago, we've had a couple of manifests with BNSF Executive SD70MACs lead too. I have been seeing the SD70MACs in trailing, leading, and DPU services all over. So I am guessing the SD70MACs are making a comeback once again.

- John

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 02/09/11 08:19
Author: jsnoy

I agree with FrontRangeTrains, recently I've seen many more of the Green/Cream SD70MACs moving coal south of Denver on the Joint Line.
Joe in Castle Rock

Date: 02/09/11 10:10
Author: SD45X

RFE told me we are power short. And they are putting coal power on freight now too. Bunch of ACs coming out of Topeka shops with new trucks.

Date: 02/09/11 11:04
Author: Pacific_Division

We have definitly been short on power in the NW, I meet a H train the other day with a 1+1 DP combo. I have never seen that before.
KEvin

Date: 02/09/11 15:09
Author: rehunn

MAC's are common on non-coal as well especially the older numbers.

Date: 02/09/11 16:18
Author: CCMF

Thanks guys.

Still some SD60M's tied up by the look of it though.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds