Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > What about the UP heritage cars?

Date: 02/10/11 19:49
What about the UP heritage cars?
Author: lowwater

Here are a couple now really-bad, i.e. low-pixel, shots from 10 years ago. In addition to these two coal hoppers IIRC there were at least a gondola and a covered hopper, maybe more. Any still around?

lowwater

Date: 02/10/11 19:57
Re: What about the UP heritage cars?
Author: BNSF7400

Here's one of the Rio Grande hoppers in Cajon (passing Hill 582 on UP's Mojave Sub). Cool looking cars, to bad this one had so much damn graffiti.

Date: 02/10/11 20:09
Author: inCHI

I recently saw these two unofficial heritage cars in the same train. Taken about a week ago on a freight in Chicago heading north onto UP's Milwaukee Sub.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/11 20:09 by inRVA.

Date: 02/11/11 06:03
Author: nathan314

Here ya go:

There are both DRGW and SSW covered hoppers. I don't seem to have a photo of the SSW ones, but they had a blue cotton gin logo on them.

The WP box with the Overland logo is a little older.

Nathan Beauheim

Date: 02/11/11 08:07
Author: lowwater

Thanks for the pics, guys, but my question is are they still around? Nathan, what are the dates on your pics? The covered hopper pic looks familiar, although maybe it's just because at one time there were several of it floating around. I don't remember seeing the WP car with the Overland Route shield before though.

lowwater

Date: 02/12/11 06:03
Author: nathan314

The DRGW car was photographed 6/18/03 in Cheyenne. It's still showing up on CSX's search but not BNSF's.

The WP car was photographed 6/16/04 in Cheyenne. It's listed by both CSX and BNSF.

Here's a 2008 photo of one of the SSW cars: http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=41995

I don't recall seeing any of these cars in a while, but they were never very common.

Nathan Beauheim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/11 06:04 by nathan314.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0475 seconds