|Home||Open Account||Help||184 users online|
Western Railroad Discussion > CP MaggieFest 2003 Wrap-Up (and photos) !!!
Date: 05/08/03 20:11
CP MaggieFest 2003 Wrap-Up (and photos) !!!
Finally uploaded some of them shots from CP MaggieFest 2003 held last Saturday in Oakland, CA. Got a decent turn out even with the chance of showers but no drops for the whole day gave us a turnout of over 100 people! Too many people to name but we had close to a dozen railfan families in attendance with over 2 dozen children there, close to 10 railfan significant others (RSO's), 10 RR workers from BNSF/UP/Amtrak and 1 dog (Zephyr!). Also in attendance were Mr. Winterail, the infamous Wongster aka "tracktime", Mococo Mike doing his best impression of MJ (see http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?f=1&i=240132&t=240132), LAsub, Stash, Mococo Bob, cmartinrwc, amw eng, ssw304, josiahrr, mikey, evanwerkema, californiarailfan, raychuang, rostershots, j.ferris, dougff5 and one tired espeeboy (to name a few of the T.O. members I recognized).
Big thanks to the support of many CPMF helpers including:
- "Railfan Girlfriend" aka Anna for creating and maintaining the CPMF03 website and for helping set-up and clean-up
- Harry Wong, Chris Palomarez and Bob Schrempp for helping with set-up and the 8-hour Sunday clean-up
- Mike Johannessen and his mom for providing most of the slideshow hardware and the most important piece of equipment - the BBQ!
- Jesus Pena for providing the TV as a fill-in form of entertainment in between slideshows and the real trains going by
- Gary Breen aka "the landlord" for leasing the space to me (again but not for work) for the weeklong event
- the slideshow presenting dudes including good slides of what was outside (Magnolia) from the good ole days from Phil Gosney and Vic Neves
- and last but not least, all the NorCal FreeMo (http://www.geocities.com/norcalfreemo/) guys for opening up their schedules and even sleeping over to provide all of the inside scale railfanning action on the layout. We started one week ahead of the big day and churned out 2 different layout configurations without any major problems!
Guess I should thank all of you attendees for making it from both local spots and far away. I must admit that this year's event was just a little too big meaning we lost last year's CP MaggieFest smaller friendly feeling. But I do thank those few green donations I received for expenses in addition to all of the potluck food contributions people brought. Next year if I get a similar Maggie trackside space I might have to charge for admission with insurance and other expenses kicking in but we will worry about that later. Still haven't caught up with sleep but now that I am past halfway in editing photos I can maybe sleep a full 8 hours tonight! Still, I invite your CPMF03 photo submissions - email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Also, check back to these other CPMF03 photo galleries (under construction) for both pics of the the Bay Area Prototype Modelers Meet (BAPM) and NorCal FreeMo modular layout!
Calling it quits tonight - thanks again to everyone who attended CPMF03. See ya in or before CPMF04!
-Ryan aka "espeeboy"
on the ex-WP Oakland Sub MP11.2
Date: 05/08/03 20:49
Re: CP MaggieFest 2003 Wrap-Up (and photos) !!!
TO RYAN AND ALL THE GANG THAT HOSTED CP MAGGIEFEST 2003, MANY THANKS FROM ANTHONY AND FRANK GERMANO. IT WAS A GREAT EVENT AND WE HAD A FABULOUS TIME. IT WAS AN ADDED TREAT TO HAVE THE MODULES SET UP AND RUNNING. YOU GUYS ARE BAD ASS! LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE.
ONCE AGAIN RYAN, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND EFFORT, IT REALLY PAID OFF.
ANTHONY AKA: espee_tony
Date: 05/08/03 22:04
Kudos to Ryan "Espeeboy" Martin!!
Just wanted to publically congratulate Ryan Martin for an AWESOME JOB in orchestrating, leading and hosting the greatest informal non-chase-oriented railfan event ever held in Oakland, CA!! Thanks also to sooo many of those who also pitched in to help all along the way..
I and so many others had a blast running scale model trains and railfanning too! It was a lot of work, and man.. did it ever show off.. where can we start.. railfanning on the loading dock, tasty BBQ food, superdetailed model trains up the wazoo, operatin' layout, slide shows by Winterail notables (Vic Neves, Phil Gosney, Evan Werkema, Johannessen and many more), and soo many longtime friends from near, far and wide making their appearance to join us and railfan, chat and hang out.
Can't wait 'til next year.. Real Estate magnates with spare warehouse or office space are always welcome to contact us directly!
Date: 05/08/03 22:05
Re: Kudos to Ryan "Espeeboy" Martin!!
So, the big question - did Engr Gosney show shots of the SLSF 2012???
- gb -
Date: 05/09/03 07:59
Re: CP MaggieFest 2003 Wrap-Up (and photos) !!!
Heartily agree! A fine time had by all.
Shock of shocks was #5 on time! Almost thought the world had come to an end.
Date: 05/09/03 18:19
Another Kudos to Ryan Martin... a.k.a. Espeeboy !
Some year I would would love to visit Maggiefest! Stay with with it Martin... Your making "our" hobby lookin' good!