Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Action on the BNSF's Hannibal Sub

Date: 02/28/11 18:58
BNSF Action on the BNSF's Hannibal Sub
Author: JMorhaus

Sunday was a day that I finely had to myself, so what do I do.... Go Railfanning! The weather was kind of weird yesterday (Sunday 2/27/11), It was around 56 degrees when I had left O'Fallon (MO) as I was heading north on hwy 79. Then as I got a little north of Elsberry (MO) the temperature had dropped down to 43 degrees and there was still snow on the ground from a storm 3 or 5 days ago and it started to get really foggy, to bad there wasn't any trains around. As I drove closer to Louisiana (MO) I had caught the tail end of a northbound (eastbound) empty with BNSF 9375 leading. I was thinking did BNSF fix some of their ACes cause I didn't think any of their higher numbered 9300 hundred series were supposed to be leading any trains. Anyway the storms started to roll in soon as it got dark and that's when I decided it was time to leave. I did hear something about a tornado in Pike Co. that the BNSF 6625 went into emergency around MP 79 cause of debris on the track and I also did hear on my scanner last night the dispatcher giving a high wind warning from MP 63 to MP 30 something. Last nights storm was something else alright, but anyway thanks for looking.

1: BNSF 5510 & 5411 lead a mixed freight towards St. Louis at MP 48 at Dalbow Rd near Old Monroe.
2: BNSF 6373 & 6282 lead a northbound (eastbound) empty at Louisiana Missouri.
3: BNSF 9212 works as DPU.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/11 18:59 by JMorhaus.

Date: 02/28/11 19:10
Re: BNSF Action on the BNSF's Hannibal Sub
Author: JMorhaus

4: BNSF 9179 & 7206 lead a southbound (westbound) mixed grain through Louisiana Missouri.
5: BNSF 9179 & 7206 at Dundee.
6: BNSF 5429, 4770 & 7808 park there earthworm train in the siding in Elsberry Missouri as they wait for three southbounds.

Thanks for looking.

Date: 02/28/11 22:05
Re: BNSF Action on the BNSF's Hannibal Sub
Author: stlrailfan

Jeff,
the first merchandise was a HMEMGAL and I saw the grain train on the computer but cant remember the symbol.Next time shoot me a text and I will get you the symbols if I am home.
Mark Mautner

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds