Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More from around Kingman,AZ

Date: 04/19/11 19:38
More from around Kingman,AZ
Author: amtrak34east

Here is some more images I captured from around Kingman AZ this weekend. A special thank you to Robert Scott(FoamersNW) for pointing me in the direction of the canyon on the east end of Kingman, also known as "Slaughterhouse Canyon".

1. BNSF 156 west is a local running light engines (all GP60M's- BNSF 156 Warbonnet, BNSF 132 Heritage 3, BNSF 155 Warbonnet) to Needles CA about 15 minutes after sunset. The water tower and the recently remodeled/repainted Kingman depot are to be passed shortly by this local, as the rails are illuminated by the post-sunset glow. A little noise reduction has been applied since my camera seems to not perform very well in low light conditions.

2. Keeping up with the theme of warbonnets, 2 GP60Ms (BNSF 119 & 111) are headed west in Slaughterhouse Canyon while a westbound stack train is running around it. 20 seconds later on either of the trains, and it would have been a side by side! The local was going to switch McConnico, west of town.

3. Trying to get artsy, a westbound stack runs through Slaughterhouse Canyon, with some desert flora in the foreground.
Thanks again for looking!

Drew Mitchem
Centralia, WA

Date: 04/19/11 19:41
Re: More from around Kingman,AZ
Author: 5524

Loving that pair of Warbonnet GeePs!

Date: 04/19/11 19:55
Author: GRNDMND

That first one would be great without the power sitting there. As it is, it is really nice also.

KC

Date: 04/19/11 20:11
Author: robertwscott

That is a great location! Looks like the light was good for you.

Robert Scott
Rochester, WA

Date: 04/19/11 22:53
Author: SPGP9

That foreground cactus formation in shot #3 reminds me of a turkey. Nice photos.

Date: 04/19/11 23:26
Author: TCnR

Good stuff, I was in Kingman a couple of weekends ago, the rocks look familiar. I arrived with that Saturday's snow storm, not much of a sunset. Incredible amount of traffic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/11 06:52 by TCnR.

Date: 04/20/11 02:35
Author: espeeboy

Great stuff Drew, love that intro sunset shot. Leave the units where they be...

;)

Date: 04/20/11 13:51
Author: amtrak34east

Thanks for the comments guys! The units in photo 1 were moving westward at about 35mph, so I was pretty surprised to freeze them at all!

Drew Mitchem
Centralia, WA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds