Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Beaumont Hill gravel trains

Date: 05/26/03 07:28
Beaumont Hill gravel trains
Author: Alco251

Maybe I missed this...could someone please fill me in on the gravel operation at Cabazon....where's the stuff going, do trains operate just once a day, etc. Thanks.

Date: 05/26/03 12:21
Re: Beaumont Hill gravel trains
Author: jst3751

Unit train to Torrance, CA. Been seeing the loads Westbound through City of Industry anywhere from late afternoon to late evening.

Date: 05/26/03 19:46
Author: GeoAngel

I generally see the gravel trains rolling through West Colton in the late afternoon. Most of the short open hoppers on these trains bear the marks RRMX (Robertson's Ready Mix).

George,
Fontana,Cal.

Date: 05/26/03 20:42
Author: Gyralite

Generally speaking (like all things at the RR, subject to operational changes/conditions), crew is on duty at West Colton about 7:00 or 8:00 AM. They take the empty train from the "Ice Deck" (Loma Linda) to Cabazon, load the train, and return to West Colton with the loads. New crew gets on upon arrival, takes the loads to Gardena area, unloads the train and returns the empties to the "Ice Deck". Secures the train and morning crew comes on to repeat the cycle.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0255 seconds