Home Open Account Help 141 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > River Crossings - KCS in Louisiana

Date: 04/28/11 17:04
River Crossings - KCS in Louisiana
Author: lotharb

Since one of my customers is in the far east reaches of LA, (the eastern extremity of my territory), I like to stay in Vicksburg, MS to check out the mighty bridge crossing the Mississippi by the KCS from LA to MS. I got lucky in the morning of a manifest waiting to cross east, led by KCS 4125 and KCS 4111 in DPU. I am guessing this is the bridge holding both US 80 along with the railroad tracks, but the roadway is closed these days, even to foot traffic.

Lothar
Corinth, TX

Date: 04/28/11 17:05
Re: River Crossings - KCS in Louisiana

4. The DPU finally reaches the Vicksburg side.
Lothar

Date: 04/28/11 17:10

5-7. Later in the day, KCS 4109 and 4685 lead another manifest, this one east, over the Ouachita River at Monroe, LA, but only after the conducter walked over the bridge, as the Dispatcher could not verify 100% that all was OK with the bridge.
Lothar

Date: 04/28/11 18:21
Author: antlorch

I have been there a couple of times and it is very beautiful,the view is awesome.. What a change of scenery from LA to MS,its like going to 2 different plants just by crossing over a bridge.Great shots...

Date: 04/28/11 18:51
Author: spinecar

Monroe, la, my birth place. I bet u never heard of BASTROP or MER ROUGE LOUISIANA.

Date: 04/28/11 19:54

Aww, c'mon man, who do ya' think you're talkin' to....I call on 2 places in Bastrop, and driven through Mer Rouge....the UP runs through it.
Lothar

Date: 04/28/11 20:49
Author: peddler

Paper mill alley - Monroe, Bastrop, Crossett - and the
ALM. You always knew when the mills were cooking.
Speaking of cooking, you could always count on a good
meal at Warehouse #1.

peddler

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/11 21:02 by peddler.

Date: 04/28/11 22:42
Author: sacrailfan

Nice shots, you don't see photo from there much!

Date: 04/29/11 06:42
Author: sp8192

Someone say Bastrop? Taken back in 2003, this unit is now painted in GWRR gawdy orange and running somewhere down in Florida.

spinecar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Monroe, la, my birth place. I bet u never heard of
> BASTROP or MER ROUGE LOUISIANA.

Date: 04/29/11 17:51
Author: spinecar

Showing my age here. The last time i was n BASTROP the railroad was named the ARKANSAS & LOUISIANA MISSOURI. It had just 4 sw-type locomotives. It might have been owned by the ICG because everytime 1 of those SW'S went B/O a ICG or a GM&O GP-TYPE UNIT would pitch hit for it. Also the MoPac use to run into BASTROP. Does the U.P. run there now are did they abandon the track?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.084 seconds