Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A cool down from the summer heat

Date: 06/22/11 13:56
A cool down from the summer heat
Author: Top_bullfrog

Here in Sacramento, we've been having a mini heat wave for the last few days, with temperatures reaching the low 100's. In an effort to cool off during the heat of the day, I decided to look back through some shots I took in the snow this last winter. A few popped out at me and I decided to share them with the rest of the folks on TO who are dealing with this warm weather. I hope you enjoy them and they help cool you off a little bit.

1: Nov 10, 2010 - A BNSF train descends East out of the Big hole on Donner. A small storm the previous night had blanketed the surrounding hills with a light dusting of snow.
2: Jan 04, 2011 - A UP autorack snakes along the Truckee river at Hirschdale in the early afternoon, shortly before the sun ducked below the high hills surrounding the canyon.
3: Mar 25, 2011 - The rotaries shove a few feet of snow off of the ROW at Baxter, CA, on their way to clear massive drifts which had clogged UP's main for a few days.

Top_bullfrog
Sacramento, CA

Date: 06/22/11 14:03
Re: A cool down from the summer heat
Author: SantaFeRuss

Nice set of photos. Beautiful scenery.

SantaFeRuss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/11 14:04 by SantaFeRuss.

Date: 06/22/11 14:27
Author: pummer

I agree, nice photos! I really like the first one with the Donner tunnel.

Date: 06/22/11 15:19
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

NICE photos, bullfrog! They rally do help c
ool off a person. Or make us all wish we were
up there on Donner. Beautiful!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds