Home Open Account Help 148 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > IAIS 502 - OS Lawrence, KS

Date: 06/22/11 12:52
IAIS 502 - OS Lawrence, KS
Author: bnsfsd70

Hey there,
Just shot the Iowa Interstate #502 WB through Lawrence, KS around 2:30 pm. It was the 2nd unit of a KP-bound coal train. Heads up, Topeka, Salina, and potentially Colorado!

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 06/22/11 13:00
Re: IAIS 502 - OS Lawrence, KS
Author: SP8595

Looked it up at work today, it does not show setting out anywhere yet. However the FRA date has expired so it is Dead-In-Consist! I imagine it will set out at Salina but who knows. Nice of Iowa Interstate to send a unit U.P. can't use!

Date: 06/22/11 14:07
Author: imrl

I'd guarantee that it is not past due FRA inspection. The UP's computer is notorious about not having updated inspection information on foreign line locomotives. I see this quite frequently with units we get offthe KCS. And sorry I couldn't help you with it's location, Jeff. I was zonked out!

Date: 06/22/11 14:39
Author: bnsfsd70

Well, not the greatest of shots as I had been messing with some of the settings, but it does the job.

- Jeff

Date: 06/22/11 18:09
Author: SP8595

Looks good to me, nice assortment of "junk" coal cars! Glad you caught it.

Date: 06/23/11 06:16
Author: Driver08

Based on where it was last night, train should be called out of Sharon Springs, KS., sometime soon, if not already, with a Denver crew and headed back across western Kansas/Eastern Colorado to Denver. Wonder if IAIS unit will stay on train west of Denver...?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds