Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Catfish on the UP . . .

Date: 08/14/11 20:05
Catfish on the UP . . .
Author: SCKP187

not what you first thought. After a day of shooting on the Wagoner Sub in OK, (more photos later) I thought I would throw this last shot out for observation of a coal load south out of Wagoner. As I drove up to the crossing, met a cowboy on his horse (cowboy had ear rings dangling from his ears also---I would have taken his picture, but I didn't want to spook the horse) Anyway, to make a short story even longer, there's plenty of strange stuff to see in this part of the country, apparently he was a fisherman as well, atested by the fish head on the T-post fence.
Thanks for looking
Brian Stevens

Date: 08/14/11 20:32
Re: Catfish on the UP . . .
Author: msdgbar

Ewe.Yuk.

Date: 08/15/11 05:10
Author: santafe199

Those fishheads remind me of a funny story: When I was a kid my Grandama's house in Abilene, KS was pretty much the center of the universe for a whole bunch
of us cousins. One Saturday morning 4 of us got sent "uptown" on some errand. We couldn't just walk up Buckeye on the sidewalk; no we had to cross the Santa Fe
tracks by the depot just to explore the RR on the way up. We just had to! This particular morning Santa Fe had an old wooden boxcar/converted bunk car parked
on a back depot track. On the side of this bunk car were 3 or 4 ugly, smelly, ghastly catfish heads attached on small nails, drying in the sun. The youngest
of our bunch, being ever so brave, reached up to actually touch one of those evil, gnarly lookin' things. In a nearby switch engine the engineer, who had surely
been watching us, picked that precise second to give a loud blast on his horn. I'm hear to tell ya that my little 8 year old cousin set the world's record in
the standing high-jump event. Without any formal measuring device, we think he went 14 feet 9 inches straight up in the air! We all hee-hawed about that for days!

Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 08/15/11 06:09
Author: funnelfan

LOL Lance, good story!

I think I could have gone with out seeing the above fishhead on a fence post. At first I thought it was a hornets nest someone stuck on the fence post, but then I read the first post. Here is something a little more humorous.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 08/15/11 14:08
Author: upkpfan

At Marysville, KS, there used to be a entrance to the North part of the old yard there from the East. You would drive down a old dirt road and come out up by the old hog loading pens. Going down that road, there were old cowboy boots turned upside down over the top of the fence posts and also a few fish heads. You no longer can get to the old hog pens that way as UP blocked off the road several years ago. upkpfan

Date: 08/15/11 14:56
Author: burlingtonjohn

fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads ...

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 08/15/11 16:25
Author: ddg

I hate clowns, I think they're creepy, and they make me nervous. One time at a garage sale, I bought a plastic clown head with orange hair and a black derby hat that would fit over my trailer hitch ball. I had to laugh every time I looked at it, I had it for years.

Date: 08/15/11 21:05
Author: boltmansacto

fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum !!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.054 seconds