Home Open Account Help 250 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More of Fort Worth area yesterday

Date: 09/05/11 16:16
More of Fort Worth area yesterday
Author: lotharb

Starting with Tower 55 in early afternoon, I stayed a bit after the Amtraks and slowly worked my way back north to home
1. At Tower 55, UP 8099 sneaks by, from Dallas with a manifest
2. UP 4394 heads north with a very long string of empty hoppers
3. BNSF 5402 leads a manifest south, after a very lengthy wait for the travails of Amtrak #21
Lothar
Corinth, TX

Date: 09/05/11 16:23
Re: More of Fort Worth area yesterday

4. BNSF 6724 leads a short vehicle train over the Trinity River
5. FW&WR 2014 with a cut of cars over the middle bridge over the Trinity River
6. FW&WR 2013 with a 45-car cut of cars over the eastern-most bridge over the Trinity
Lothar

Date: 09/05/11 16:31

7-9. How about the Grapevine Vintage Railroad, a tourist operation from Grapevine, to the Stockyards and back late in the afternoon. This was the Tarantula train, before the steam required a re-do. Check #9, seems pretty little girls do know where there's a camera
Lothar

Date: 09/05/11 16:40

10. BNSF 761 & 630 switch their train in Saginaw yard
11. BNSF 672 waits with an ethanol train for a new crew at Lake Wanda
12. Late-day sun brings out the best in colors of a lengthy stack train, just north of Lake Wanda
Lothar

Date: 09/05/11 18:44
Author: HomerBedloe

Hey Lothar, nice photos from a fellow Ft. Worthian...or whatever I am in North Richland Hills!

I see the center line for the third track through T55 is laid out in photo 3! When that's done in about 2 years, you'll be standing in the middle of BNSF Main 2 if you take the same picture!

Date: 09/05/11 18:56

I did not know that but assumed something of the sort looking at that line of pink flags. Thanks for the info.
Lothar

Date: 09/05/11 21:10
Author: GP30Frank

I didn't think you could get down by Tower 55 anymore. I thought I read on TO that some of the locals might "take care of a person" down there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0567 seconds