Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Triple Track in NE - a few weeks ago

Date: 10/23/11 14:56
The Triple Track in NE - a few weeks ago
Author: lotharb

While visiting accounts in western NE a few weeks ago, I had to drive along US 30, and for a railfan, this is heaven....the triple track. I missed quite a few opportunities while stopping at customers, but still caught a few good ones.
1. Just west of Farr, an ex-CNW unit, the lone DPU on a grain train. I forgot the name of these curves...Milk-run or ????
2. Same grain loads pass the hamlet of Maxwell, NE
3. A rail train with 2 units, just east of Keith
Lothar
Corinth, TX

Date: 10/23/11 14:59
Re: The Triple Track in NE - a few weeks ago
Author: GP30Frank

Buttermilk Curves. And most anyplace between Gibbon and O'Fallons is great to see trains

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/11 15:01 by GP30Frank.

Date: 10/23/11 15:04
Author: lotharb

4. On the east side of North Platte....2 unit trains, the aforementioned grain, and an AEPX coal heading east. Both trains have an ex-SP unit in the #2 position...6345 on the grain, and 199 on the coal
5. Now that's a sevicing facility. North Platte's Bailey Yard, taken from The Golden Spike Tower
6. From earlier in the day, coal loads JECX heading east at Lexington, with UP 6363 as the lone DPU

Date: 10/23/11 15:59
Author: UPRR3985

The yard shots were impressive but I'm sure that seeing it up close would be even better!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds