Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Just Passing Through

Date: 10/23/11 16:47
Just Passing Through
Author: nwkrailfan

Got a phone call from my father late this afternoon warning me of an approaching westbound, apparently I have taught my parents well! I chose to shoot the train from the Cottonwood Street grade crossing on the west side of Ellis, KS. A little side note and background history is this was formerly the location of the stock yards, on the north side of the tracks and then the ice house was located on the south side of the tracks. Now a day there is a field and fair grounds north of the tracks and the High School owns the area to the south and is used as a practice field for football. Also anyone that was at our Kansas Railfan Gang slideshow remembers one of Bob’s stories about the train missing the Ellis station completely this is the location where they finally ended up getting it stopped.

1) UP 6438 highballs Ellis as it rolls west into the setting sun.

Date: 10/23/11 20:26
Re: Just Passing Through
Author: mg8711

Nice to see while Lance is down in Oklahoma shooting bland red soil and BNSF trains you and I are up here in Kansas shooting yellow locomtives and yellow leaves.
Nice shot!

Date: 10/24/11 05:25
Author: PRose

Nice shot, Luke.

It's refreshing to see a "Dark Side" photo once
and a while.

Bob H.
PRose

Date: 10/24/11 11:15
Author: santafe199

mg8711 Wrote:

> ............while Lance is down in Oklahoma
> shooting bland red soil ...................

Ah, so! Confucious say: "Brash yung glass-hoppah soon regret use of word bland!"

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds