Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SP 224 in Colorado

Date: 07/27/03 21:52
SP 224 in Colorado
Author: KB5WK

Bought this slide and was wondering what the location is. I beleive its in Colorado somewhere.

David Hawkins
Plano TX

Date: 07/27/03 22:38
Re: SP 224 in Colorado
Author: NDHolmes

While the mountainous backbone sure looks like Colorado, the rest of it just doesn't look right. Based on the lineside pole style in the background and the searchlight-style signal, it would suggest the Joint Line. Also, the signal most likely isn't in a CTC system, based on the uncontrolled siding/house track in the background. The only place on the J/L that might match up is the southbound main between the bridge south of Sedalia and Castle Rock. You can see the Rockies in the background from that point, but I don't remember them being that prominent.

Still, my theory just doesn't feel right to me. There's no sign of anybody or anything in the background, and the terrain doesn't seem right. However, it's the only thing I can come up with.

Please - anybody got a better idea?

Nathan
http://www.drgw.net

Date: 07/28/03 06:52
Author: tolland

I would be inclined to agree with Nathan. It looks somewhat similar to the Joint Line just south of Sedalia but there's not enough development and new construction. Do you think it's possible that this is one of the Boardman coal trains and this is actually in Montana someplace on MRL?

Jim Burrill
Loveland, Colorado

Date: 07/28/03 07:43
Author: bryanj

The brush growing along the ROW doesn't fit the joint line. It looks to arid for the front range, there is very little grass and more brush. The high peaks in the background don't look very familiar either. Mt. Evans would be the one showing up but that doesn't look like it. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this. It looks more appropriate for Tennessee Pass line. The only problem is the signals. I don't know of any location on TP that has signals like that.

Bryan
CO J/L
MP88

Date: 07/28/03 08:02
Author: aqha

Looks like the south switch Orsa (on the Joint Line) about 10 years ago. Shot taken in the morning.

Date: 07/28/03 08:05
Author: KB5WK

The slide was Correct! Thanks for all the replies.

Actually, my slide did say Orsa CO but couldn't find that location anywhere in Colorado. Is that a name of city? Or a siding?

David Hawkins
Plano TX

Date: 07/28/03 09:22
Author: NDHolmes

Here's Orsa - it's an 8200ft siding around MP27 of the southbound Joint Line betweeen Sedalia and Castle Rock.

Nathan
http://www.drgw.net

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds