Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Missing Railfan

Date: 01/02/12 18:01
Missing Railfan
Author: UP6936

A 13 year old boy who is a member of the Sherman Hill Model Railroad Club has been missing since New Years Eve. He was last seen in a Cheyenne Frontier Days Jacket, Cowboy Hat, and jeans. His name is Alex. No one knows what has happened to him. I am attaching a picture if you see him please contact your local police and have them contact the Cheyenne WY police department. Thanks for any help.

Date: 01/02/12 18:42
Re: Missing Railfan
Author: mmisin2

Where was he last seen? Any detail can be huge in these situations. Thoughts and prayers to all involved....

Posted from Android

Date: 01/02/12 18:50

He was last seen on Saturday night here in Cheyenne. Not sure if he walked to the ball drop at the depot plaza or what. We are not sure if he climbed on a train. Just figured a post here might be helpful if he is seen around any railroads.

Date: 01/02/12 18:51
Author: rminer

"Cheyenne authorities continue to follow up on leads, searching for 13-year-old Alexander Frye of Cheyenne.

According to friends and family, he went missing New Year's Eve somewhere between 6 p.m. and midnight. He has blonde hair, blue eyes ad is about 5 feet tall weighing around 80-90 pounds.

Alexander was last seen wearing denim jeans, a button down shirt and a Cheyenne Frontier Days jacket.

Bryan Grzegortyk says a command post has been set up at the American Legion on east Lincolnway. He says about 80 people have been searching for Frye all day but no clues have turned up.

If you see him or know of his whereabouts, please call Cheyenne Police at 637-6524. For more information on how to join the search call Grzegortyk 421-5714."

Alex is a very HUGE fan of railroading so the search should wisely be spread beyond Cheyenne.

Here is the local news channel link to the story.

http://www.kgwn.tv/story/16431622/search-continues-for-local-teen

Date: 01/02/12 20:20
Author: jhouchen

Is there chance he could be a runaway? Should all railfans be on the lookout for the boy riding in freight cars?

Date: 01/02/12 20:35
Author: rminer

Yes there is that chance. Please keep an eye trackside!!!!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/02/12 20:41
Author: jhouchen

I absolutely will. Also, does anyone know if UP and BNSF have been briefed to let their crews know to keep an eye out?

Date: 01/02/12 20:42
Author: RRmemories

This investigation seems to be in the early stages. I'll bet someone on this board could provide the trains that passed through Cheyenne in a 24 hour significant time slot. His friends may provide data regarding his likelihood of train hopping in the past. Pretty cold to take this escape route even if under the stresses of running away. I'm in the east so I don't know if passenger service is available. The train use feels unlikely to me but worth a shot. (Sobering up at a friends house, now afraid to come home, no school factor) Aaron 24

Date: 01/02/12 20:56
Re: Missing Rail fan
Author: czuleget

UP 9636, I hope you don't mind me posting this over on Altamont press as I felt this was very important to get the info out asap.

Date: 01/02/12 21:09

This can be posted anywhere, just trying to get this info out to all in the railfan community. Alex is a definite railfan, and loves trains. I would not put anything past him. Just hoping someone can find him and get him back to his dad.

Date: 01/02/12 21:37
Author: unclebob

I have went ahead and posted this on my FB and the Abilene & Smoky Valley RR FB account. Hope he is found safe and warm.

Mike

Date: 01/03/12 12:09
Author: highgreengraphics

Posted at the Salvation Army in Fort Collins, CO (next to the C&S main). === === = === JLH

Date: 01/03/12 12:46
Author: njmidland

It appears to have come to a bad ending: http://www.kgwn.tv/story/16436418/body-found-in-cheyenne

Date: 01/03/12 14:58
Author: KeyRouteKen

Hey everybody-- Unfortunately, the young man "committed Suicide", per latest news report off of Google. Extremely sad as to WHY ?? This could happen to any one. Please pray for Alex and his family.. Too many teen suicides this day and age.. What are we doing in the Community to help prevent it..??

From the Cheyene PD-PIO person:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CBS-NewsChannel-5/152379488109856

KRK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/12 15:08 by KeyRouteKen.

Date: 01/03/12 15:28
Author: mmisin2

Per the local paper he was found by UP employees and the cause of death is under investigation. Not the ending any of us had hoped for...

Posted from Android

Date: 01/03/12 18:05
Author: Cannonball4012

Sorry to hear it ended this way. Rest in Peace Alex.

Date: 01/03/12 19:15
Author: MaximumRails

Sad to hear about this. My prayers with Alex's family.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0521 seconds