Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Help With Santa Fe Locations in Kansas Please

Date: 01/25/12 08:43
Help With Santa Fe Locations in Kansas Please
Author: WichitaJct

Are there any Kansas Santa Fe fans out there that could help me with some locations in Kansas? Both of my questions pertain to slides recently acuctioned on Ebay. Your help would be greatly appreciated. This first slide looks a lot like Kansas to me. Maybe the old First District (don't know what sub it is now)on the Eastern Division, somewhere between Emporia and Lawrence?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-slide-Santa-Fe-SD40-2-5134-Train-December-1990-Very-Nice-/130631734631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6a421567

This seller says this was taken at Brooklyn, Kansas. Now listen folks, I was born and raised in Kansas and pretty much know every inch of the ATSF in Kansas, except for the SE corner, which is gone now anyway. I looked in ATSF ETTs, and looked in my Delorame atlas of Kansas, and there ain't no Brooklyn, Kansas. They only thing I can think of is that "Brooklyn" was maybe an unofficial name that railroaders used to refer to a location. Can you help me out with this? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Santa-Fe-ATSF-EMD-SD45-2-5818-clean-paint-action-original-slide-slides-/200701692498?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebac0ca52

Date: 01/25/12 09:25
Re: Help With Santa Fe Locations in Kansas Please
Author: jtwlunch

Here are my guesses number one is on the 1st District between Ellinor and Strong City, number two is a westbound in the siding at Walton on the first district.

Date: 01/25/12 09:34
Re: Help With Santa Fe Locations in Kansas Please
Author: SD45X

First one is not Kansas. It's on the Rio Grande at Acequia,CO. Just north of Big Lift on the Joint line.

And this has happened before, the "Brooklyn" is actually Syracuse,KS. Somebody gets their New Yorks mixed up. Not 100% that it's Syracuse, but it's close. Looks like a WB in the east end of the siding. That track to the right is gone now, so that is throwing me, but they must be close to the crossing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/12 09:39 by SD45X.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds