Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New mine for Intermountain Power?

Date: 02/07/12 08:17
New mine for Intermountain Power?
Author: jc76

I didn't realize the new coal mine for Intermountain Power was the one near Bryce.

Link

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-utah-coal-20120207,0,5900382.story

IP use to load at Wildcat everyday like clockwork with Utah Railway power.... Wildcat closed, then I saw some loaded at CV Spur. Where are they currently getting the coal?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/12 08:45 by jc76.

Date: 02/07/12 08:59
Re: New mine for Intermountain Power?
Author: balryan

UtahRly IPP coal is loaded out on the CV Spur.
Ryan Ballard

Date: 02/07/12 09:07

Are they still loading 5-6 days a week? Any idea of what mine the coal is coming from?

Date: 02/07/12 12:35
Author: balryan

I'm not sure on how many days a week Utah Rly loads out of the CV spur I think they have a train every few days from the information I've been told. The coal comes from mines in the area Savage trucks all the coal in to the load out on the CV track. Things are in the works to use Wild Cat load out again working to get a good supply of coal.

Ryan Ballard

Date: 02/07/12 13:30
Author: mapboy

Per the EIA-923 here- http://www.eia.gov/cneaf/electricity/page/eia423.html IPP from 1-10/2011 got their coal from these Utah mines:
Sufco [see next TO post] (Canyon Fuel) via long truck haul to Sharp, UT loadout- 1.84 million net tons (MNT)
West Ridge Mine (Westridge Resources)- 0.98 MNT
Dugout Canyon Mine (Canyon Fuel)- 0.95 MNT
Coal Hollow Mine (Alton Coal)- 0.31 MNT
Horizon Mine (Hidden Splendor Resources)- 0.15 MNT
Skyline Mine #3 (Enserco)- 0.09 MNT= a few trainloads on UP's Pleasant Valley Sub

mapboy

Date: 02/07/12 16:04

2.39 MNT load at CV SPUR...Thanks for the info

Date: 02/07/12 18:26
Author: 2ebright

Wildcat loadout is currently loading about 2 trains a month. The coal is coming from the Horizon Mine. I'm not sure if the coal is bound for the IPP plant. I see the Wildcat loadout around once a week, but have never seen a train loading as their doesn't seem to be any set schedule. My info comes from a drop by visit to the scale house at the loadout.

Dick
Roosevelt, Utah

Date: 02/08/12 08:07

I did not know WildCat was back up and running... good to hear

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds