Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A few from the deep south of Texas

Date: 02/29/12 03:40
A few from the deep south of Texas
Author: lotharb

I always enjoy my trip to southern Texas, for one, the hopes of catching more KCS action, plus a few shortlines. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate on Monday in Corpus Christi.
1. In the Corpus Christi yard itself....love that track profile
2. sitting at the east end of that long siding just east of Robstown
3. At the west end of this same siding, this train is waiting for a crew to take it to Laredo
Lothar
Corinth, TX

Date: 02/29/12 03:46
Re: A few from the deep south of Texas
Author: lotharb

4. I finally got a sunny break in Harlingen, TX to see this set working some local industries
5. Then, yesterday, much more sun, as I caught this Brownsville & Rio Grande set working the north end of Brownsville yard
6. The UP brings all the rail activity to this part of Texas. The Rio Valley Switching Railroad looks after all the activity between Harlingen and the McAllen area. This unit is seen here in Harlingen, and they have a reload facility in Alamo, TX
Lothar

Date: 02/29/12 04:19
Author: billio

lotharb wrote, in part:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always enjoy my trip to southern Texas, for one,
> the hopes of catching more KCS action, plus a few
> shortlines...
> 1. In the Corpus Christi yard itself....love that
> track profile
>
Pic 1 brings to mind memories of the Rock Island tracks in 1975.

Thanks for posting.

Date: 02/29/12 06:23
Author: 3rdswitch

Great catch on the B&RG, don't recall seeing that road? Amazing the traffic KCS handles on the old TM. That siding looks pretty rusty.
JB

Date: 02/29/12 10:42
Author: SP8595

I also don't recall ever seeing any pictures of the Brownsville & Rio Grande. A pretty nice paint scheme, always cool to check out something new! Thanks for posting.

Date: 02/29/12 19:14
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Last time I saw B&RG diesels, they were green painted worn out SW types. (prob 10 years ago)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds