Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > True and reproduced SP's over Cajon

Date: 03/09/12 21:59
True and reproduced SP's over Cajon
Author: jhouchen

Today I caught wind that SP 335 and UP 1996 where leading trains down Cajon this afternoon so I set out to see what I could come up with. With great luck, SP 335 crossed over at Silverwood onto the Cutoff right in front of the 1996. The two trains followed one another down the pass not 10 minutes apart. Gotta love when every comes together! ...for once in the railfan world LOL. Also, has anyone else noticed the white stripe on the plow of the 1996? I believe this is new.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/09/12 22:04
Re: True and reproduced SP's over Cajon
Author: jmf1910

Also, has
> anyone else noticed the white stripe on the plow
> of the 1996? I believe this is new.

The 1996 had the white stripe on the plow when I caught it on the MRVSJ on March 5.
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2705745

John

Date: 03/10/12 00:36
Author: Fizzboy7

Seeing that 335 lead made my week! Last time I saw her was in 2008 sitting at Mojave. Nice catch!

I've recently seen some yellow UP units with the same white stripe on the plow. Could be a new thing starting. I wonder what the purpose is.... something safety or maintenance-related I'm sure. It sure as heck isn't going to stay clean down there.

Date: 03/10/12 01:01
Author: NdeM

Nice shots. I was the guy just downhill from you there. The coal train was held on the main at Dike while the 1996 ran through the siding.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/10/12 09:24
Author: DocJones

Good work. IMHO, I'd say the 335 was the better catch. Like I've said before, the 1996 is hard for me to warm up to. To me, it's like the Daylight on a bad acid trip.

Thanks for sharing.

Have fun, be safe,
Doc Jones

Date: 03/10/12 22:29
Author: lwilton

DocJones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good work. IMHO, I'd say the 335 was the better
> catch. Like I've said before, the 1996 is hard for
> me to warm up to. To me, it's like the Daylight on
> a bad acid trip.

My first thought on seeing picture 2 above was "El Bandito!"

Too many stripes on the nose.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds