Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > NBC series Grimm episode

Date: 03/11/12 09:10
NBC series Grimm episode
Author: VunderBob

I'm a big fan of "Grimm" on NBC Friday nights. The latest ep centered around a hermit that lived in an abandoned mine, and the only way to reach the lair was by rail. Interesting use of a handcar and a Fairmont speeder, too.

Well, it sure looked to me to be 3' gauge track they were on, and some of it looked almost park-like. The show is set in Portland, OR, and shot locally. Any of you westerners know the episode was shot, and can enlighten me on the line?

Date: 03/11/12 09:14
Re: NBC series Grimm episode
Author: bluesman

I saw this show for the first time with the episode mentioned. Maybe shot at the Zoo?

Date: 03/11/12 10:03
Author: SilvertonRR100

I was wondering if it was at the logging museum West of Portland. I don't know what guage they use, although SG would make sense.

Rob

Date: 03/11/12 10:12
Author: grahamline

It's on the "Washington Park & Zoo Railway." The tunnel is just north of the zoo boarding platform. Summer weekends they run a Brooklyn-built steam locomotive.

Date: 03/11/12 21:35
Author: roustabout

Interesting to see the locations they use - some are familiar others not so. The warehouse looks like it's in North Portland and might be one adjacent to the BNSF main north of Pdx Union Station.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds