Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A few Colorado Shots from today

Date: 03/22/12 17:50
A few Colorado Shots from today
Author: ns2557

Had to go to Lamar Colo today for a delivery. The place I went to was right along the BNSF Kansas Div., La Junta Sub right near the station. There was a nb/wb Coal Empty waitin on a crew and track time to head west/north. BNSF 8836 with the 8812 sit not so quietly here. Shot 1 shows the view looking east with one of the elevators that are here in the area above the train. Shot 2 is a try at a well, I don't know what ya call it. The WSS sign just looked good, a little askew perhaps, but it did frame the train for the most part. BNSF is doing some Tie Replacement between La Junta and Las Animas Colo along these tracks so that explains the no crew. They, the Tie Repl gang was approaching Las Animas with work progressing rather good. Last shot shows BNSF 5603 sitting in the yards at Pueblo with 5347/5473 trailing. I believe this to be a KCKDEN, as I passed it along its journey west in Fowler when on my way to Lamar earlier in the day. Weather was wet and windy for abit, but has turned out to be a great day, lots of sun this afternoon and verymild temps. Weekend looks to be fantastic with highs in the 70's to low 80's, no wind. Might just have to get out and get some shots. Thanks for Looking. Ben

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds