Home Open Account Help 349 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Kudos to Jeff Carlson (Better Late Than Never)

Date: 04/06/12 08:21
Kudos to Jeff Carlson (Better Late Than Never)
Author: santafe199

I sometimes get a little lax on reading my issues of "Trains" & "Classic Trains" as they arrive in the mail. So I'm browsing through the March ('12) issue during
the in-between times my scanner provides as I scan through another couple hundred slides. On page 60 of that March issue I found Jeff Carlson's article entitled:
"Capital idea in Kansas". It's within a regular feature by Trains called "Trackside Guide" and Jeff has written a very nicely constructed synopsis of the current
railroading/railfannig scene in our state capital. It's a must-read for all local fans and a very capable guide for any fans traveling through the Topeka area! I
have known for a long time that Topeka is a very interesting spot on the railfan map and I'm glad to see Jeff put our state capital 'on the map' as it were. Even
though I'm a couple of months late...

Kudos Jeff, on a job well done!

Lance

Date: 04/06/12 11:51
Re: Kudos to Jeff Carlson (Better Late Than Never)
Author: bnsfsd70

Thanks, Lance. Glad you enjoyed it.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 04/06/12 11:57
Author: nikon1

Well Lance, we can't blame it on a "Senior Moment". I don't any relaizes that this is the second time a map of Topeka has appeared in Trains Magazine.

Charlie
MP 53 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

Date: 04/06/12 12:24
Author: RD10747

Some guy in the Kansas state Capital was at a door
looking through a key hole..was asked what he was doing,,
and repied 'Topeka'...

Date: 04/06/12 16:12
Author: SD45X

Came in handy today. Wife is foaming the area this week....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds