Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Mix of Hoppers, Containers, and Stainless Steel in KC

Date: 04/11/12 17:52
A Mix of Hoppers, Containers, and Stainless Steel in KC
Author: ATSF2921

Perfect weather and some free time this afternoon allowed me to get a few shots. BNSF had traffic hopping in and out of Argentine, so I pretty much stuck around there and near Santa Fe JCT.

1 - BNSF 6910 leading a transfer run to Argentine.

2 - KCS Flyer was not that long behind the transfer, passing a local switch job along the way.

3 - Total surprise was catching what seems to be deadheading Business cars. Consist is: Columbia River, Raton Pass, Topeka, and Missouri River. I tried to catch them out at Holliday, because I thought they would be returning to Topeka, but BNSF was running eastbounds on the Topeka Sub when I got to Holliday. Time was short as I had to leave to pick-up my son at daycare, so I'm sure I missed the Business cars going through Holliday.

Thanks for looking.

Russell Honey
Springfield, MO
My Flickr page

Date: 04/11/12 18:48
Re: A Mix of Hoppers, Containers, and Stainless Steel i
Author: santafe199

Cool stuff, Russell! I sure am itching for another 'tour' of the west bottoms...

Lance

Date: 04/11/12 19:59
Author: ATSF2921

santafe199 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cool stuff, Russell! I sure am itching for another
> 'tour' of the west bottoms...
>
> Lance

I saw the "For Sale" sign from your Amtrak shot near Holliday from a couple of weeks ago. Took a similar frame of a high priority eastbound, because I didn't have time to turn back.

Another romp through the Bottoms is due. I'll PM you with the details.

Sent from my iPad.

Russell Honey
Springfield, MO
My Flickr page

Date: 04/11/12 22:11
Author: bnsfsd70

Nice catch on the business cars.

- Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0522 seconds