Home Open Account Help 199 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The shot I was really after yesterday morning

Date: 05/10/12 01:26
The shot I was really after yesterday morning
Author: westernking

This is almost exactly what I was expecting to get at West Riverside yesterday morning (See my UP8739 thread from yesterday) The then new UP8441 makes its run eastbound past SCRRA junction at MP56 on the LA sub towards the Santa Fe. BTW thats the moon above the 8441 not a dust spot! Just got to love the showroom new smell of a new locomotive. Later also new UP 5315 lead a short officers special , the date was Saturday 15th July 2006.
Enjoy.
Andy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/12 01:28 by westernking.

Date: 05/10/12 01:31
Re: The shot I was really after yesterday morning

More.
The passenger special included the two usual suspects in the Stanford and Sunset ,shamed by their coat of yellow (Should still be in SP colours!) .Thanks for looking.
Andy

Date: 05/10/12 10:10
Author: tacobell

Its nice to see pics other than at Pepper Ave!

Date: 05/10/12 12:27
Author: milepost180

How much later was 5315? Did the moon move that much or did Mr. Photoshop remove it?

Date: 05/10/12 13:35
Author: SP8595

Very Nice clean UP engines, I wonder how many times a consist like that SD70ACe, SD40-2, SD70M were seen together!

Date: 05/10/12 16:41
Author: bnsf7512

very nice shot.

Date: 05/11/12 00:41

milepost180 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How much later was 5315? Did the moon move that
> much or did Mr. Photoshop remove it?

No photoshop used probably just disappeared as the Sun rose .

Date: 05/11/12 08:04
Author: 3rdswitch

Excellent catches!
JB

Date: 05/11/12 12:08
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice pictures. Congratulations on IOTD.
John

Date: 05/11/12 21:13
Author: Red

SP8595 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very Nice clean UP engines, I wonder how many
> times a consist like that SD70ACe, SD40-2, SD70M
> were seen together!

You'd be SURPRISED at how many times such "mixed consists" get put together on various parts of the system (probably more often in the Southern Region and eastern portions of the system that "out yonder"). Also, CSX SD70MAC--UP SD40-2R--SD70M, or NS SD70M-2 and or ES40DC GEVO with 2 UP SD40-2Rs in trail very common...etc., ALL of which provide a very NICE "symphony" of EMD sound if you crack the window and listen to those babies attack a grade, or, the "runup to speed," etc. I've ALWAYS loved "Mixed Consists!!!" Either multi-generation EMDs, mixed road muli-generation/mixed builder, or, multi-generation/mixed builder pure UPRR sets. And I found over the years that mixed EMD/GE consists actually "compensated" with each other (I.E., the strengths of the EMD with regards to acceleration & faster loading mixed with the propensity of GEs to be able to "lug a hill" once they finally "wound up"...they blend quite WELL!!!).

WONDERFUL SHOTS, by the way!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/12 08:21 by Red.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds