Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Palmer Lake, CO on Pre-evacuation Notice

Date: 06/27/12 14:06
Palmer Lake, CO on Pre-evacuation Notice
Author: Pinecliffe

According to Channel 13 in Colorado Springs, pre-evacuation notices have been posted as far north as Palmer Lake and Monument. While this is strictly a precautionary move, it shows the potential this fire has on spreading rapidly. Are trains still running on the Joint Line?

Date: 06/27/12 14:12
Re: Palmer Lake, CO on Pre-evacuation Notice
Author: SD45X

3rd switch saw a northbound when I talked to him, not sure if the southbounds were moving yet or not.

Date: 06/27/12 14:44
Author: mojaveflyer

Some discussion on the Colorado Railfans group that trains were held for awhile but are supposedly running again.

Date: 06/27/12 14:54
Author: WAF

Easier to stop if it gets north of Palmer Lake. Just make one hellva a fire break with cats

Date: 06/27/12 16:02
Author: 3rdswitch

Saw a second northbound returning from Castle Rock. First parked southbound coal load at the Sag just north of Palmer Lake has gone with next train, which is a grain load lined up but not yet out of Greenland yet according to ATCS. Looking questionable up here with just a little drizzle and high winds. My thirty thousand slides are boxed with my HO trains next, first things first ;-) Starting to wonder about future beautiful days in the neighborhood? Photo is from around an hour ago looking south from home.
JB

Date: 06/27/12 16:06
Author: DKay

Stay safe out there JB.Your fires are getting big coverage on the media down here in Australia.
Regards,dK

Date: 06/27/12 16:28
Author: Pinlifter

Trains are moving but cautiously. Last I looked, the parked trains around Colo Spgs (Northbounds)and 2 grain trains at Palmer Lake were moving. A water train is coming from Washington. I'm sure its on the fast track to get here. Staged loads are moving towards Denver also.

Date: 06/27/12 17:06
Author: Pinlifter

Check this out... Here are the water train cars coming to help. Like a mini fire truck on rails.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1494596

Train is at Edgemont, SD at 1800, estimated into Denver at 1800 tomorrow.

Date: 06/27/12 17:33
Author: SD45X

Hey that link didn't work. Maybe it's the setup somebody posted earlier. Will look.

JUst looked at Auburn Eds post below, per info posted his is not the fire train I thought we were talking about...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/12 17:37 by SD45X.

Date: 06/27/12 17:34
Author: CWRailroad

Ran a Railgrinder from Bridger Jct to Cheyenne today Condr Pilot. Will go straight through Cheyenne with another pilot. RMSX 1101 is the number on the machine. Why railgrinder? Rear of machines is a fire suppressing equipment and several thousand gallons of water, can help protect track structures like bridges and wooden culverts.....

Date: 06/27/12 19:07
Author: jsnoy

Trains are moving for now - just noticed one train moving southbound and two northbound here at Castle Rock.

Joe - in Castle Rock, on the Joint Line (north of the fire).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0273 seconds