Home Open Account Help 184 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Hot Summer Nights

Date: 07/06/12 21:59
Hot Summer Nights
Author: Top_bullfrog

As I lay in my hammock on the porch on a beautiful evening, I wanted to share a few shots I've taken recently from the nights following scorching days, when finally became hospitable outside.

Here in Sacramento, we've been having a fairly mild summer, unlike the rest of you all! Still, our highs have reached into the lower triple digits, as is common in the California central valley. The nights on those days have been perfect opportunities to get out at night and shoot trains once it cools down though.

Here are a few shots I've taken this summer, I hope you enjoy them.

Top_bullfrog
Sacramento, CA

1) Just east of Newcastle, Ca, in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, an Eastbound Z train lights up the surroundings on its nocturnal journey to deliver its cargo.

2) A northbound doublestack shoots Northbound at Brighton as a Sacramento Regional Transit LRV set flies overhead on its way to the yard for the night.

3) A few minutes after #2 was taken, Amtrak #703 rockets north at 79 mph. In a few short minutes, it will be at its final destination of Sacramento Valley Station.

Date: 07/07/12 17:19
Re: Hot Summer Nights
Author: CimaScrambler

Hey J.S., you have done some really good work here! They are all good, but that last one, with the glowing tube of light right overhead, has a lot of power in it.

Keep up the good work!

- Kit

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 07/08/12 09:23
Re: Hot Summer Nights
Author: Top_bullfrog

Kit,

Thank you for the kind words.

Top_bullfrog,
Sacramento, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds