Home Open Account Help 191 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Coming South On The UP Greeley Sub This Afternoon

Date: 08/04/12 22:38
Coming South On The UP Greeley Sub This Afternoon
Author: mojaveflyer

I went out for awhile this afternoon on the BNSF Brush Sub and caught one coal empty and decided to head for home since there was little traffic moving. When I got back to just north of Denver I found this hard working ballast cleaning train coming south in to the siding at Hazeltine. It seemed the power was working pretty hard for what appeared to be a relatively short train. As he came by me pulling in to the Hazeltine siding I realized why, only the SD90-43MAC was on line, the SD-70M (4207?) was off line so the 8181 was providing all of the horsepower. He wasn't moving fast but he did put on a good show pulling in to the siding...

Thanks for looking!

Date: 08/05/12 07:35
Re: Coming South On The UP Greeley Sub This Afternoon
Author: rehunn

Cool shot, very different from what we're used to seeing on the UP.

Date: 08/05/12 14:08
Author: mojaveflyer

I heard this train continued east on the KP last night with one unit still isolated... Must have been a slow trip.

Date: 08/08/12 17:20
Author: upkpfan

We were coming back from the UPHS Convention Sunday afternoon when we got to Wolf Siding West of Ellsworth, KS on the KP, there sat 8181. We also caught it coming thru town. Don't know where it was going. upkpfan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0282 seconds