Home Open Account Help 349 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Giants roared here.......

Date: 10/01/12 19:56
Giants roared here.......
Author: lowwater

Silenced forever? I hope not, but every day of quiet brings me one closer to never hearing their voices here again.

Taken today at I think just west of mp 322 on the ex-D&RGW Tennessee Pass, Colorado, main line. I stop every time I travel this way but not sure of exact milepost, maybe somebody else who knows the details better than I can pinpoint....

Date: 10/01/12 20:52
Re: Giants roared here.......
Author: tomstp

Nature waits for none.

Date: 10/01/12 21:11
Author: 567Chant

Entropy will prevail.
...Lorenzo

Date: 10/01/12 21:19
Author: DPKrause

Rust never sleeps.

Date: 10/01/12 23:59
Author: coach

Use it, or lose it.

Date: 10/02/12 00:08
Author: oilcan

What a location!

Can somebody please post or link a photo showing a freight at this spot? Circa 1980's to the end, if possible...

Date: 10/02/12 07:55
Author: lowwater

I never took one here, and even though it's easily accessible (it's about 20 yards off US 6 and that fence in the upper right of the pic is the I-70 boundary fence) I imagine photos in which this angle is more-or-less recognizable would be few and far between, given the spectacular scenery that's easy to incorporate when not looking straight down the track. The attached is from the exact same location, I just turned about 139° and aimed up a little..... I could have included the track easily with a little less telephoto but I was trying top leave I-70 out of the red-rock view.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/12 13:19 by lowwater.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.028 seconds