Home Open Account Help 211 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ns central of Georgia heritage unit?

Date: 11/04/12 07:13
Ns central of Georgia heritage unit?
Author: bnsf7512

Dose anyone know what train it might go out on out of Kc?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/04/12 08:37
Re: Ns central of Georgia heritage unit?
Author: EspeeGoldenState

It left in the darkness of last night.

Date: 11/04/12 08:52
Re: Ns central of Georgia heritage unit?
Author: ironmtn

This seems to be becoming a pattern for visits to KC by the heritage units. Arrive from the east, sometimes in daylight, then sit around in Avondale Yard in North Kansas City (sometimes buried and out of accessible, photographable view) through the next day during daylight hours. Then out eastbound again under cover of darkness, when NS sends quite a bit eastward out of KC, a logical operating pattern from a major connecting terminal like KC that extends back to Wabash days. Visible again in daylight the next day from St. Louis east, or around Decatur if taking that route. Now with the reduced daylight hours of wintertime the likelihood of a catch eastbound out of KC may be further reduced.

NS isn't running these for our pleasure, of course. That's a reasonable cycle for them operationally, although I must admit that I would have expected a quicker turn back eastbound at KC than I've noted to date. Seems a little slow on the utilization cycle. But even through it works for NS operationally, which is all that matters really, it is a bit frustrating for us as railfans. C'est la vie. We shall adapt.

MC
Columbia, Missouri

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds