Home Open Account Help 203 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Grand Island Live Cam

Date: 11/05/12 06:47
Grand Island Live Cam
Author: milfordgap

The new camera presenting live action at Grand Island NE is up and running. It is particularly nice at night. UP only. The accompanying scanner for the UP and BNSF is also active.

Date: 11/05/12 09:05
Re: Grand Island Live Cam
Author: a737flyer

They are way too expensive for what you get.

Date: 11/05/12 11:20
Author: milfordgap

With a train

Date: 11/05/12 12:53
Author: wheel_slip

Is this a parking lot or intersection camera that just happens to have tracks in the upper portion of the field of view?

Andy

Date: 11/05/12 14:17
Author: CasperLine

They need to get our flyover in there also ;-) Last two times I've been going over , we've had a picturesque meet between us and the UP underneath us

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/05/12 17:13
Author: darkcloud

a737flyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are way too expensive for what you get.

What price are you willing to pay?

I've long thought that if he cut his price in half to $5 a month, he'd more than double the number of subscribers (and thus come out ahead financially.) There are often psychological thresholds, and going into triple digits per year might be one of those for perceived value that trumps "Just $10 a month!"

(But then again, I'm not the one who risked the money to start and run it, so he may have done his research and be completely right about pricing and I might be completely wrong.)

Date: 11/05/12 18:07
Author: zchcsse

a737flyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are way too expensive for what you get.

I agree, it's difficult to fork out 100+ bucks at once for the whole year, but $10 at a time isn't bad. I'll typically subscribe for a month and let it expire, then after a few weeks or so I'll start to miss it and subscribe again. Such was the case a week or so ago, but I held off due to Hurricane Sandy and with the knowledge that the Grand Island Cam was coming soon. Now that all that is done (not that the after-effects of Sandy are done by any means), I re-subscribed tonight.

Obviously the value depends on how much you watch it. With my set-up, I use my laptop and have the cams going on an adjacent desktop, so when I hear a train, I turn and watch it.

Hopefully he'll get the site programmed soon so that the Grand Island Cam will be an option for dual viewing!

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/12 18:09 by zchcsse.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds