Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Miscellaneous SP 4449

Date: 11/06/12 02:54
Miscellaneous SP 4449
Author: cchan006

Here are more video clips (and one audio clip) from chasing the SP Daylight 4449 and the Deschutes Steam Special from Bend, OR to Portland, OR on Sunday 10/21/2012. These "didn't make the cut" on the video I posted in the Steam Railroading Discussion board earlier.

First video clip is along the Deschutes River somewhere southwest of Maupin, where there were people fishing everywhere and I was probably the only railfan nearby. You can hear the fishermen getting excited over the train.

Second clip is at Moody, where the Deschutes and Columbia Rivers meet, and the DPU's of the monster southbound BNSF manifest is clearing the siding while the 4449 waits. The third clip is of an eastbound UP manifest in the distance as the Special pulls up to let the crew line the switch normal at Moody.

Fourth clip is at a pond just west of Moody where Grande-Fan took a beautiful reflection shot of the train:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,2907712

You can see 3 people in my video as I zoom out. Grande-Fan, were you one of the people in the clip?

Last clip is an audio clip of the 4449 tripping a hotbox detector while I drove along Hwy 14 on the Washington State side of the Columbia River. MP 61.0 is between Cooks and Home Valley, WA.

- 4449 and the Special highballing Washougal (in crappy light).
- Video and audio clips.

That's all folks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/12 03:15 by cchan006.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/06/12 09:43
Re: Miscellaneous SP 4449
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

That's a nice video you put together!

Date: 11/06/12 19:40
Re: Miscellaneous SP 4449
Author: SierraRailfan

Thanks so much. I was in the Silver Lariat, second to last dome; and wondered if I'd see any footage! Great catch!

As for the detector message at the end, the first x number of axles where exempt from any stop & inspections.

Roger
Sierra Railfan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0449 seconds