Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CZRY website down?

Date: 11/09/12 15:42
CZRY website down?
Author: fulldynamics

SAN DIEGO COUNTY, CA

Well, it appears Carrizo Gorge Railway's website is down. Anyone know how to contact them? Do they still exist or what? My associate has an energy project in east San Diego county and we would like to know who actually is running the line and if it's possible to ship cars west of Plaster City, CA... It looks like they have some boxcars stored west of Plaster City but I don't know how they perform switching if it's done by CZRY or by UP. MTS hasn't replied my requests. I should probably contact UP @ Omaha.

Information out there is very confusing. I contacted RailAmerica and they don't know what's going on. I understand Union Pacific used to run trains to the border via trackage rights. The only way we can accomplish this is by rail.

Jennifer Ford

Date: 11/09/12 16:12
Re: CZRY website down?
Author: spnudge

Lots of luck. I don't know if using that line would be possible. Nobody has done any maintaince on the tunnels or bridges for years, much less the track itself. Im sure someone on TO would no for sure. I think the UP has rights to the siding you are talking about thats under I-8. That was supposed to be the interchange point.

Nudge

Date: 11/09/12 17:34
Author: sp2353

The railway line is embargoed from east of Campo to Plaster City.

Date: 11/09/12 18:04
Author: NSDTK

Heres the website for the embargo and weight restriction map. I dont see that line listed though. https://aarembargo.railinc.com/epdb/dashboardMapAction.do
On futher looking. There is 3 expired embargos for the CZRY https://aarembargo.railinc.com/epdb/searchEmbargoAction.do

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/12 18:09 by NSDTK.

Date: 11/10/12 08:16
Author: CCT41

Try Pacific Imperial RR. They maybe the current operator

Date: 11/11/12 14:53
Author: 2720

I just received an email that states the CZRY website is still up and running!
There is a small screen saying a plugin is needed, but this is just for a
promotional video for CZRY, if you click on the About Us, History or Contacts,
you will get the rest of the site info!
I am the engineer in the UP 2072 used in the video!
Mike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds